Thursday, May 8, 2014

May the Blue Bird of Happiness---

Give you much pleasure!

At our school, one of our fantastic teachers was able to get donations for the Spy on a Bird project. We have Bluebirds on the back playground. Don't worry, it's not near where the kids play and, if they do go over there, they'll be in BIG trouble. So they don't. LOL

Here are a few shots of what's going on inside the Bluebird house:


Yep. We have BABIES!


I didn't get the ones of the eggs. But they were beautiful and perfectly formed.


I've never seen such hardworking parents---




 Or such hungry babies--




 Aren't they adorable????


I've got to stop watching them. Whenever one or two are sleeping and the others are moving around, I panic, thinking that the ones not moving might have met their demise.


But then they move too and I relax.


I thought I might like to get a Bluebird box in my own backyard-


There are people in town who have Spy on a Bird in their yard and their's is for osprey. We've watched them feed their babies fish.


But I really enjoy the Bluebirds.


I can't believe how fast they're growing-


Though I probably shouldn't be surprised what with all they eat!


But, I've decided against getting one for the backyard---


I'm having hard enough time teaching instead of watching---


If I had this at home---


All I would ever do is watch the little birds---


And their hard working parents-


And watch them grow-


And eat--


And just enjoy them--


1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Fantastic series of pictures.