Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mr. Mallard Takes a Bath

It's been rainy here this weekend- a little bit anyway. Any amount is much needed! Of course, a little rain is no excuse not to take a walk. So we did.

On Saturday, we caught Mr. Mallard having his bath--







I don't think he minded us being there though...not much anyway...


One of the things I always loved about the ponds--besides the birds---was the way the trees reflected in them. They were particularly lovely in autumn. Now, we see the reflection of monsters...


Wait! Tucker sees something? Another monster?!


Hardly!


4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures. I am always amazed that a bird that spends most of it's life on the water,still feels the need to bathe.

Stephanie V said...

Wow! Great photos, Pam! As you know I love the mallards. But monsters and Tucker have their charms.

Empty Nester said...

Ruth- LOL I never thought of that!

Stephanie- I know you do! I think about you now every time I see them out at the ponds. Tucker and the squirrel have charm, I agree. But not that house. No matter what, I just can't get over them building out there. Even though that's what it was developed for.

Eri said...

I love your pictures Pam once again!